So, it is almost over – what do you think about 2022? This can be a good time to take stock and look to the future. Whether you considered it a good year or not how you reflect on and tell yourself the story of the year’s events, how you lived and dealt with them, can have a big effect on how you experience life. Here are some questions to get you thinking. These can be prompts for reflection or writing…or maybe give you some ideas of your own questions to ponder.
Looking back at 2022:
- What are three really good things that happened during the year? Big or small.
- Who made a positive impact on your life? How? Do they know?
- If some really hard things happened – what did you learn? How did those events change you?
- When did you really need to use your persistence, strengths or resilience?
- What are you grateful for?
- What will you be happy or relieved to leave behind?
- What theme or name would you give 2022?
Looking ahead to 2023:
- What would you like to go better in the new year?
- What are you looking forward to?
- Who do you want to connect with more?
- What thresholds will you be crossing over the next 12 months?
- What is your word, phrase or question to guide 2023?
I wish everyone a wonderful journey into the new year.
“If you are walking on the right path and you’re willing to keep walking eventually you will make progress.” Barack Obama.